Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Programme
The Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme is funded by the European Commission and operates throughout the participating countries through local contact centres active in the field of business support (such as Chambers of Commerce, start-up business support centres or business incubators). Their activities are coordinated at the European level by the Programme Support Office.
Objectives of the programme
The general objective of the programme is to facilitate exchanges of experience, learning and networking for new EU entrepreneurs by means of working with an experienced entrepreneur in another EU country.
The specific objectives of the programme are:
- On-the-job-training for new entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) elsewhere in the EU in order to facilitate a successful start and development of their business ideas;
- Facilitating the exchanges of experience and information between entrepreneurs on obstacles and challenges to starting up and developing their businesses.
- Enhancing market access and identification of potential partners for new and established.
Who can participate?
Two groups of people are entitled to apply:
- New entrepreneurs: young people who are serious about setting up their own business or who have started their own business in the last 3 years.
- Established entrepreneurs: owners or managers of a small or medium-sized enterprise (SMEs) in another participating country.
Which countries can participate?
The programme is accessible to all European new and host entrepreneurs who have permanent residence in the 27 European Union Member States, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, and Kosovo.
To participate in an exchange in one of the destinations outside the EU, new entrepreneurs must be citizens and residents of an EU Member State and/or the UK.
Conditions for the exchange
The stay abroad can last between 1 and 6 months, it must be completed within a total period of one year. The exchange can be divided into several stages (stages of at least one week) in which young entrepreneurs are hosted by an experienced entrepreneur in a foreign country.
Financial support and deadline
The purpose of the financial support to the new entrepreneurs is to contribute towards travel costs to and from the country of the stay and subsistence costs during the visit.
The financial support is paid by the Intermediary Organization to which the new entrepreneur submitted the original application. The amount of the financial support and related details are subject to the financial agreement signed between the new entrepreneur and the intermediary organization, and it is based on the monthly lump sum for the country of the exchange and the actual periods spent abroad to collaborate with the host entrepreneur.
There is no deadline to register for the programme. Interested applicants can apply online anytime at the following page.