EU – call Health 2015, results
4 health projects selected to support Member states at the forefront of the refugee crisis
- Horizon 2020 - Health, topics of work programme 2014-2020
- Innovative Medicines Initiative - IMI 2, upcoming calls
The European Commission published the results of the call for horizontal actions on "Supporting Member States under particular migratory pressure in their response to health related challenges", under the 3rd Health Programme.
The Health programme 2014-2020 is the main instrument that the Commission uses to implement the EU Health Strategy. Annual work plans of the Programme set out priority areas and the criteria for its funding actions. The total budget for the programme is 449,4 million of euros.
The programme has 4 overarching objectives which seek to:
- promote health, prevent diseases and foster supportive environments for healthy lifestyles taking into account the 'health in all policies' principle;
- protect EU citizens from serious cross-border health threats;
- contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems;
- facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for EU citizens .
The Commission is supporting EU countries at the forefront of the refugee crisis with grants from the EU Health Programme totalling 5,6 million of euros for four projects:
- Supporting health coordination, assessments, planning, access to health care and capacity building in Member States under particular migratory pressure – SH-CAPAC (EU contribution: 537.000 euros);
- 8 NGOs for migrants/refugees' health needs in 11 countries (EU contribution: 2,7 million of euros);
- EUR-HUMAN: EUropean Refugees - HUman Movement and Advisory Network (EU contribution: 1,2 million of euros);
- Re-HEALTH: Support Member States under particular migratory pressure in their response to health related challenges (EU contribution: 1 million of euros).
The funds will help addressing common health challenges in the most affected Member States.
Photo credit: theglobalpanorama via Foter.com / CC BY-SA