Innovative Medicines Initiative - IMI 2, upcoming calls
IMI 2 proposed indicative topics for two upcoming calls for proposals
- Horizon 2020 - Health, topics of work programme 2014-2020
- Horizon 2020 - Societal challenge 2, work programme 2014-2020
IMI (Innovative Medicine Initiative) 2 is the world's biggest public-private partnership (PPP) in the life sciences. Through the IMI 2 programme, it has a 3,3 billion of euros budget for the period 2014-2024.
The indicative topics under consideration for inclusion in the first call are:
- Validation of translational imaging methods in drug safety assessment (TRISTAN)
- Identification of drugable targets modulating misfolded proteins in major neurodegenerative diseases
- Pathological neuron-glia interactions in neuropathic pain
- Dry age-related macular degeneration: development of novel clinical endpoints for clinical trials with a regulatory and patient access intention
- A comprehensive ‘paediatric preclinical POC platform’ to enable clinical molecule development for children with cancer
Big Data for Better Outcomes programme:
- Coordination and support action (CSA) for the Big Data for Better Outcomes programme
- Increase access and use of high quality data to improve clinical outcomes in heart failure (HF), atrial fibrillation (AF), and acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients
The second call is under the Ebola+ programme and falls under the same broad scope. Projects funded under this Call should ensure fast development, uptake and/or wide deployment of sustainable innovative solutions that will result in an increased readiness to respond to future outbreaks.
Applicants should pay attention to exploiting support from different stakeholders. Proposals should clearly demonstrate that the latest knowledge and learnings from the current epidemic are being taken into consideration and that work proposed is innovative and expected to deliver clear added value.
This call for proposals is open for a period of two years with the following cut-off dates for submission of proposals:
- 16 March 2016,
- 16 September 2016,
- 16 March 2017,
- 18 September 2017,
- 16 March 2018.
In in order to be eligible a proposal must be made by a consortium of at least three independent legal entities each established in a different Member State or associated country.
Author: UCDMedicine / photo on flickr