EDD - a forum for international development and cooperation
The European Development Days 2016 will focus on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
- Infrastructure - GIF, global facility to implement complex projects
- World Bank - MOS, consulting opportunities for projects in the pipeline
European Development Days
The European Development Days (EDD) are a relevant forum in Europe for international development and cooperation. Organised by the European Commission, the forum has brought the development community together since 2006 to share ideas and experiences in order to create new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
EED is a place where all interested parties and stakeholders are invited to exchange their views, build a common understanding and plan for the future of development cooperation.
Each year, EDD attracts 5,000 people and 1,200 organisations from 140 countries.
The tenth edition of the European Development Days (EDD 2016) will take place in Brussels on 15-16th June 2016. For its tenth anniversary, the forum will focus on the "2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development". The Agenda provides a once-in-a-generation opportunity to eradicate poverty once and for all and shift the planet onto a sustainable, inclusive, peaceful and prosperous path.
In the context of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, the 2016 edition of EDD has the following main objectives:
- to end poverty and hunger in all their forms and dimensions in order to ensure that all human beings can fulfill their potential in dignity and equality and in a healthy environment,
- to protect the planet from degradation, including through sustainable consumption and production, sustainably managing its natural resources and taking urgent action on climate change,
- to ensure that all human beings can enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives and that economic, social and technological progress occurs in harmony with nature,
- to foster peaceful, just and inclusive societies, which are free from fear and violence,
- to mobilise the means required to implement the Agenda through a revitalised Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, based on a spirit of strengthened global solidarity.